PSHE & SEAL
At Perranporth Primary School, Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Citizenship enables our children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society. Our pupils are encouraged to develop their sense of self worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community. They learn how society is organised and governed and experience the process of democracy in school through the school council. We provide opportunities for them to learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a positive member of a diverse society.
Our aims are to enable the children:
- To recognise their own worth;
- To work well with others;
- To develop positive relationships and respect for others;
- To understand our common humanity, diversity and differences;
- To know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle;
- To develop safety awareness;
- To be positive and active members of a democratic society;
- To develop self-confidence and self-esteem, and make informed choices regarding personal and social choices;
- To form good relationships with other members of the school and the wider community.
Our PSHE programme closely links to our Real PE curriculum in which each lesson also focuses on a personal, social or moral aspect of learning (See PE).
View all SEAL curriculum plans and resources please visit – The SEAL Curriculum